Friday was the first day of Fall! With the changing leaves and autumnal foliage come the delicious flavors of Fall! Pumpkin has become a flavor synonymous with the season and we have a muffin recipe that makes pumpkin shine! Banana and pumpkin might seem like an unlikely pairing, but chocolate is an ingredient that brings everything together in these tea-infused muffins.
Chocolate Monkey: Your New Favorite Tisane
We love dessert teas. There’s nothing better than indulging in a scrumptious dessert that doesn’t have any calories. We especially love chocolate teas, like Aztec Spice or Velvet! Chocolate Monkey is a tisane with cacao nibs, pink peppercorns, and banana bits that tastes like a chocolate covered banana treat! The rich flavors of chocolate and banana are a classic combination, and the two are put on display in this tasty caffeine-free blend.
Making the Muffins
All you’ll need to make your muffins is pumpkin muffin mix (which can be found at any major grocery store), 2 large eggs, vegetable oil, cinnamon, chocolate chips, a muffin pan, and your Chocolate Monkey. Because Chocolate Monkey is a tisane and does not include Camellia sinensis, it won’t burn the way a white or green tea will when oversteeped. In fact, you’re going to want to oversteep your tea for maximum flavor.
Here’s the recipe for your new favorite muffins:
- Pumpkin Mix
- 2 Large Eggs
- ½ Cup of Vegetable oil
- 1 Cup of Oversteeped (10-12 minutes) Art of Tea’s Chocolate Monkey
- 1 Cup of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 tbsp of Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and lay out cupcake liners onto your muffin trays.
- Let the over-steeped cup of Chocolate Monkey sit for 10 minutes or until room temperature.
- Then, mix eggs, oil and tea in a large bowl until the batter is smooth.
- Add in the cinnamon and chocolate chips, and mix thoroughly.
- Use an ice cream scooper to transport the batter into the cupcake liners two-thirds full.
- Finally, place your sheets in the oven at 400 degrees for 18 to 20 minutes.
- Perform the toothpick test by gently inserting a toothpick in the center of a muffin and pulling it out. If the toothpick is clean, your muffins are done!
Fall and Holiday teas are coming soon! Keep an eye out for the return of your seasonal favorites.