Here’s a fun, easy recipe using tea. Try to use a high grade matcha, such as Art of Tea’s Grade A Matcha since the quality will greatly affect the end result.
You Will Need:
- 24 cupcake liners
- 2 sticks unsalted butter (left at room temperature to soften)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp Art of Tea’s Grade A Matcha
1. Preheat your oven to 350.
2. Using a mixer or hand blender, beat the butter until soft.
3. Add sugar and beat for a couple of minutes, until light and fluffy.
4. Add eggs and egg yolks one at a time, making sure to combine each one with the mixture fully before adding the next.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Then add this dry mixture to the batter and mix to combine.
6. In a separate bowl, mix the matcha in with the milk using a whisk. Add to the batter and mix to combine.
7. Use a spoon to put the batter into the cupcake liners, filling each one 2/3rds of the way.
8. Bake for about 22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
9. Allow to cool on a rack before frosting.
You Will Need:
- 1 tub of Cream Cheese Frosting (I used Pillsbury Whipped Supreme)
- 1 tsp Art of Tea’s Grade A Matcha
- A few drops of green food coloring, if desired!
1. Scoop the frosting into a bowl.
2. Sieve the matcha into the frosting bowl to prevent lumps
3. Add food coloring and mix until combined!
Recipe adapted from Matcha Source by KATIE KIRBY