Here are five ways you can get involved with Fair Trade and change the lives of international workers for the better:
1. Like us, you can opt for Fair Trade teas whenever possible. They’re increasingly available, and the more people buy them, the more available they will become.
2. Look for the Fair Trade certification logo in other purchasing decisions, particularly for labor-intensive products like flowers and sugar. You can also use the Fair Trade Finder on facebook to find and help others find fair trade products near you
3. Organize a Fair Trade event at your school, work, place of worship or home.
4. Offer Fair Trade products through your business. This could mean retailing Fair Trade products, giving Fair Trade corporate gifts or simply switching the coffee and tea in the break room to Fair Trade.
5. Donate to causes like the empowerment of female workers, the education of farmers’ children or the health of third-world farming communities.