As the weather cools and winter winds begin to brew, you might find yourself craving the sweet and spicy flavors of Fall. Satisfy your autumnal appetite with this simple Chai Tea Latte recipe.
All you’ll need to make this cold weather creation is Tali’s Masala Chai, milk (or a milk alternative), sugar (or honey), water, and cinnamon. Of course, you can always make a decaffeinated version using our Rooibos Chai. Do note, however, that Rooibos Chai can and should steep longer than Tali’s Masala Chai. (Approx. 5-7 minutes)
- 3T Tali's Masala Chai
- 2 Cups Hot Water
- 2 Cups Milk (or Milk Alternative)
- Sugar or Honey to Taste
- Ground Cinnamon or Cinnamon Stick
- In a saucepan, simmer chai in water for 3 minutes over low heat.
- Add milk and honey or sugar. Continue to simmer, but do not allow to boil.
- Strain tea leaves.
- (Optional) Froth with handheld frother.
- Garnish with cinnamon and serve.
Not only is this stovetop chai tea latte a great cup of comfort, but it has spices that can help prepare your body for the winter!
Our Rooibos Chai and Tali’s Masala Chai both contain cardamom and ginger. Cardamom is thought to have digestive and congestion relief properties, which could come in handy if you’re prone to cool weather colds. Ginger, which is also said to have digestive and cold relief properties, may also be great for blood circulation and immunity. Talk about some super spices!